Polish dating website canada
Obsolete by 1928, they were transferred to police units, especially those posted in upper Silesia, and fought the “Freikorps”, trained by SS officers to seize vital assets behind the lines.
In 1939, the main force of armored cars comprised wz.34 models, former Kégresse-Citroen type half-tracks.
On the eve of Fall Weiss (Case White) and the subsequent campaign (Kampania wrzesniowa in Polish), the Polish forces had 1012 tanks and a hundred armored cars (880 tanks according to other sources) at their disposal.
220 of these were modern light 7TPs (of Polish design), Renault R35s (French) and Vickers Mark Es (British).
However, in 1937-38 several variants were derived, like the TKS.
This version was the most proficient of these conversions, and some vehicles were armed with a 20 mm (0.79 in) Solothurn AT rifle.
The twenty modified TKS tankettes equipped with the Nkm wz.38 FK 20 mm cannon also obtained good results.
Two series were built between 1933-36, the TK3 and TKS.
The TK3s were all armed with one Hotchkiss machine-gun and operated with armored cars, mostly on border patrols.
They were able to pierce through any German tank and their low silhouette and good speed made them difficult to spot.
But as successful as this series was, the conversion program came too late and only a handful were ready for action in September 1939.